|Main Chapel||Garden Chapel|
A discount is available for University of Maryland, College Park Affiliates as well as US Veterans and Active Duty Military Members. To qualify for the affiliate discount, the bride or the groom must meet one of the following criteria:
- They are a current full-time student at the University of Maryland College Park
- They are a graduate of the University of Maryland College Park
- They are a current employee of the University of Maryland College Park
- They are the son or daughter of a current employee of the University of Maryland College Park
- They are a US Veteran or active duty military member
If the bride or groom do not meet one of the above criteria, then the General Public rate applies.
Your wedding reservation includes the following:
- 2 hours and 45 minutes in the Main Chapel on your wedding day (2 hours and 30 minutes in the Garden Chapel).
- A 90-minute rehearsal on the Thursday or Friday before your wedding.
- The services of a Chapel event manager at your rehearsal and wedding. The event manager does not run your event, but assists you with the organization of the Chapel space and answers questions that you or your guests may have.
- The use of the Chapel sounds system, organ, and/or piano, furnishings, and altar pieces during your ceremony.
- Two dressing / prep rooms for Main Chapel reservations and one dressing / prep room for Garden Chapel reservations on your wedding day.
- Lovely garden and grounds surroundings, perfect for picture taking.
- Complimentary parking for your guests on your wedding day.
Celebrate your Nuptials
To learn more about The Stamp ballroom locations, click here.
Understanding that plans can change, the Memorial Chapel allows couples to alter the date and/or time of their wedding once, free of charge.
Please note that a deposit of 50% of your rental fee is due at the time of reservation if the date is more than a year away; the balance is due one year before the reservation date. If the date falls within one year, the payment is due in full. We are, however, willing to work with our clients to create a payment plan that works for them. A $75 non-refundable administrative fee is charged to each wedding reservation.
Possible payment methods include all major credit cards, checks, or money orders. Cash is not accepted. Checks should be made out to the "University of Maryland." Credit card payments can be taken by phone; however, checks and money orders must be brought to the Reservations Office in person.
On rare occasions, a bridal couple needs to cancel their wedding at the Chapel. The following policies govern cancellation of wedding reservations:
Please send cancellation notices to:
1101 Memorial Chapel
College Park, MD, 20742
- If you choose to cancel your wedding reservation, you must send notice in writing to the Chapel Reservations Office.
- In the event of a cancellation made prior to six (6) months of the wedding date, the Chapel retains the deposit and the $75 administrative fee; other payments are returned.
- In the event of a cancellation made less than six (6) months before the wedding date, no refund will be issued. At no time will a 100% refund be issued.
- If you have yet to pay in full (i.e., your wedding is more than 12 months away), you will not be charged your remaining balance and will not receive a refund of your deposit.
- The $75 administrative fee is retained in every instance.
Any damages made to the chapel will be evaluated and charged using an online deposit link.