Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long is the wait to get married at the Chapel?
- It's not five years! Reservations are made at the Chapel on a first come, first served basis and there is no limit to how far in advance you can book your wedding. Reservations are made based on the Chapel's availability. If the slot you want is available, you can book it whether its two years or two weeks away! Typically, the afternoon and evening time slots are the most popular, especially in the spring and summer. Our advice to you is to make your reservation as early in your planning process as possible so that you have the best chance of getting the date and time you want.
Do you have a reception site at the Chapel?
- We are primarily a site for weddings. See here for links to reception sites on the University campus. We also can provide general information regarding reception sites in the area.
Can you reserve both the Main and Garden Chapels?
- No, the time slots are not aligned in a manner that would allow you to reserve both chapels for your wedding ceremony. The only exception to this policy is if you are booking a double time slot for the Main Chapel, then you will also have access to the Garden Chapel during your reserved time.
How long are the ceremony time slots?
- Main Chapel reservations include 2 hours and 45 minutes in the Main Chapel on the wedding day. Garden Chapel reservations consist of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The wedding ceremony, set-up and clean up must all take place within this time. The majority of our couples find this time to be adequate. Thirty days before your wedding, you may inquire about purchasing an additional hour if available.
Can any religion use the facility?
- Yes, we are a multi-faith facility. Couples and ceremonies of all faiths and cultures are welcome.